Managing Your Library with the JW Platform Management API
The JW Platform Management API at api.jwplatform.com provides a set of classes for managing all aspects of your library. The JW Platform Management API features a straightforward authentication mechanism and multiple output formats (PHP, JSON, XML, Python). This reference describes in detail how our API works and which classes and assets are available.
/videos/listroute is limited to 30 calls per minute. Calls that exceed this rate will result in a 429 Rate Limit Exceeded error and will not be executed. If you need a higher API rate, please contact us to get your account upgraded. Note that calls to the Delivery API (cdn.jwplayer.com) do not count towards the API rate limit.
JW Player Provided API Kits and Tools
- Python: Python API Client and Examples
- PHP: PHP API Kit, PHP API Examples
- WordPress: We provide a fully functional JW Platform WordPress Plugin, which is capable of uploading, searching and publishing videos within the WordPress admin.
Community Maintained Tools
If you maintain a JW Platform integration tool, please email email@example.com to let us know!
- Command Line: The Clack Command Line Interface is an easy way to make one off API calls on the JW Platform API.
- Ruby: The jwplayer-api-client Ruby gem integrates with the platform API and can perform URL Token signing on the content service. (source code)
Management API Class Structure
- /videos/ The video classes define methods for uploading, editing and listing videos, thumbnails and tags.
Management API v1 Syntax and Upload Formats
Detailed documentation of the v1 syntax and upload formats can be found in the API reference.
- Call Syntax
- Output Formats
- Error Handling
- General Upload Guidance and Examples