The JW Player SDK for iOS is built upon the native iOS player framework, AVFoundation. Apps built with this SDK integrate with video hosting, streaming, and analytics services. These services allow you to incorporate media playback experiences, monetize your app, and discover ways to increase viewer engagement. You can also use this SDK with video content that is hosted with non-JW Player services.
- Google DAI
- Google IMA
- Ability to monitor and set video and audio qualities
- API design that enables native control creation or customization
- Player, playlist, playback, and content state monitoring
- Fullscreen video playback
- HLS, SmoothStreaming, and MP4 playback
- Rich configuration options including playlists, content title, and poster image
- Caption support (.vtt, .srt, .ttml)
- Picture in Picture
- Thumbnail previews
- Lockscreen controls
- Related content support
- External metadata support
|Xcode 12+||Download and install Xcode.|
|iOS 10.0+||Your app must be leveraging at least this minimum OS version.|
|JW Player License||Get your JW Player license.|
|JW Player SDK for iOS||Follow these instructions to download the SDK.|
|JW Player License Key||1. From your Player Downloads & Keys page, scroll down to the Downloads section. |
2. In the Downloads section, copy the LICENSE KEY for the JW Player SDK for iOS.
NOTE: If you have more than one property in your account, select the property from the dropdown menu at the top of the page. Each property has a unique set of license keys.
Each version of this SDK has been built to work with a specific dependency version. Use the following table to ensure that you are referencing the correct dependency version in your app. The JW Player SDK for iOS version listed shows when the minimum dependency support version was first updated.
|JW Player SDK for iOS||Google Cast SDK||Google IMA SDK|
This developer guide provides best practice approaches for implementing this SDK. We also provide comprehensive documentation for each class in our SDK reference.
This guide assumes that a developer has the knowledge to write and build an iOS application in Swift/Objective-C using Xcode and the latest developer tools.
By adding the JW Player SDK for iOS to your app, you agree to the JW Player Terms of Service.
Updated about 2 months ago