The JW Player SDK for iOS is built upon the native iOS player framework, AVFoundation. Apps built with this SDK integrate with video hosting, streaming, and analytics services. These services allow you to incorporate media playback experiences, monetize your app, and discover ways to increase viewer engagement. You can also use this SDK with video content that is hosted with non-JW Player services.
- HLS, SmoothStreaming, and MP4 playback
- Rich configuration options including playlists, content title, and poster image
- Fullscreen video playback
- Full-featured API to monitor player, playlist, playback, and content state
- API to monitor and set video and audio qualities.
- VAST, VMAP, and VPAID advertising
- FreeWheel and Google IMA advertising support
- API design that enables native control creation and can be applied to Android and web player implementations
- Caption support
- JW Player license
- iOS version 10.0+
Each version of this SDK has been built to work with a specific dependency version. Use the following table to ensure that you are integrating the listed or more recent dependency version in your app. The JW Player iOS SDK version listed shows the minimum version required for each dependency.
This developer guide provides best practice approaches for implementing this SDK. We also provide comprehensive documentation for each class in our SDK reference.
This guide assumes that you have the necessary iOS and Objective-C or Swift development skills to work successfully with this SDK for iOS. You should know how to write and build iOS applications using Xcode and the latest Apple developer tools.
By adding the JW Player SDK for iOS to your app, you agree to the JW Player Terms of Service.
Updated about 1 month ago
If you are adding the JW Player SDK for iOS v3 for the first time, read Download the SDK. If you are migrating from JW Player SDK for iOS v2, review Migrating from iOS SDK 2.x to 3.x.