Through Live Channels, you have the ability to broadcast live events to your audience:
- Supporting up to 12-hour long event streams
- Providing live event streams that instantly convert to video replay after broadcasting has finished
- Streaming live events to your web players and mobile apps
After satisfying the Requirements section, you can add a Live Channels event stream to your web player.
If you plan to broadcast an event through a player on a page, use the following instructions.
- From your JW Player dashboard, click Live Channels.
- Click the name of the Live Channel.
- From your encoder, start the stream.
- Once the stream appears in your JW Player dashboard, copy the CURRENT MEDIA ID.
- As shown in the following example, add
playlistproperty of your player.
The player on your page will switch to the live event stream shortly after you have started the broadcast from your encoder. If you do not see the live event stream, check your browser console for errors and check for any errors in the implementation on your page.
Updated 4 months ago