JW Player SDK for Android
Last Updated: August 6, 2019
About the SDK
The JW Player SDK for Android is a media player for the Android Operating System. Apps built with this SDK integrate with video hosting, streaming, and analytics services. These services allow you to incorporate a video experience, monetize your app, and discover ways to increase viewer engagement. You can also use this SDK with video content that is hosted with non-JW Player services.
- HLS, DASH, SmoothStreaming, WebM and MP4 playback
- Rich configuration options including playlists, content title and poster image
- Fullscreen video playback
- Full-featured API to monitor player, playlist, playback, and content state
- API to monitor and set video and audio qualities.
- VAST, VMAP, and VPAID advertising
- FreeWheel and Google IMA advertising support
- API design that enables native control creation and can be applied to iOS and web player implementations
- Caption support
This developer guide provides best practice approaches for implementing this SDK. We also provide comprehensive documentation for each class in our SDK reference.
This guide assumes that you have the necessary Android and Java development skills to work successfully with this SDK. You should know how to build and compile Android applications using Android Studio and the latest tools from the Android Developers Kit.
Terms of service
By adding the JW Player SDK for Android to your app, you agree to the JW Player Terms of Service.